If you’ve suffered a severe burn injury in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you might not know where to turn. Whether this accident occurred at work or anywhere else, you know you deserve compensation, but you might not be exactly sure how to go about getting it. Your best chance of getting what you have coming to you will be to hire an experienced burn injury lawyer as soon as you can.
The McEwen Law Firm has a team of such attorneys. We’ve fought on behalf of our injured clients for years, and we are passionate about making sure they receive full and fair compensation. If you would like more information regarding what we may be able to do for you, please use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation, or give us a call at (800) 732-3070.
Why Do You Need to Hire a Burn Injury Attorney?
A burn injury lawsuit, just like any other form of personal injury legal action, is incredibly complex. If you don’t have a seasoned attorney by your side – one who has specific expertise in representing people with injuries similar to yours – you will basically have no chance of winning your case. A burn injury attorney will have a deep knowledge of the different degrees of burn injuries, and will know exactly how much to demand from those responsible for your suffering.
These are just a few of the reasons you need to seriously consider getting legal help as quickly as possible.
- An attorney will know all of the laws that govern civil cases, but will also have a thorough understanding of all the nuances that are involved in helping a client get what they have coming.
- Your legal representative will also be able to identify all liable parties so that you can obtain maximum compensation. This could greatly increase the amount of money you may potentially receive. For example, if you suffered a severe electrical burn due to a defective product, there could actually be several entities that played a role in your injury. An attorney will know exactly which ones to go after.
- Attorneys also know how to perform a thorough investigation in order to get the facts – and to gather the evidence you’ll need to have the strongest possible case.
Ask Around for Recommendations
If you know anyone who has recently needed a personal injury attorney who specializes in burns, ask them what they thought about the quality of their legal representation. What did they like – or not like – about their attorney? Would they recommend that lawyer to you? The odds are very good that if someone whose opinion you respect gives you that recommendation, it will be worth having a discussion with their attorney.
Check Out Online Reviews
If you don’t know anyone who has worked with a lawyer in the last few months, don’t worry. You can still get some excellent insight by just going online. Check some attorney websites to see if they have testimonials from previous clients. Look at online reviews to see what others are saying about the attorneys you’re considering.
Schedule Case Evaluations with More Than One Attorney
Maybe the most important thing you can do will be to schedule a consultation with three or four lawyers, if possible, to get a good feel for the quality of representation you may receive. Please don’t limit yourself to one. A lot of people wonder if that’s even ethical. Not only is it completely ethical, it’s also very smart.
When talking to multiple attorneys, however, it will be important to make it clear that you’re still in the “interviewing” process, so to speak. That way there will be no misunderstandings regarding your intent, and everyone will be much more comfortable. If you’re too badly injured to meet in person, that won’t be a problem for the vast majority of attorneys. You can schedule a phone call, or you can meet online.
There’s almost no chance that you’ll encounter an attorney who won’t be willing to accommodate you if you can’t meet face to face. If any of them do, then scratch them off of your list immediately.
Ask the Right Questions During Your Case Evaluation
It can be intimidating to talk to a bunch of lawyers. If you’re feeling this way, it’s totally understandable. Just remember that the attorneys you speak with are there to help you. The best ones will make you feel at ease from the start. But no matter how nice they seem, you’ll always need to keep in mind you’re choosing the legal representative you feel will do the best job of fighting for you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Here are just a few you might want to consider.
- How much experience do you have? Not only do you want to work with a lawyer who knows how to handle personal injury cases, you’ll want one with specific experience in burn injury litigation.
- How often do your cases go to trial? The vast majority of cases similar to yours never have to go to trial, so there’s a very good chance you’ll never have to appear in a courtroom. At the same time, however, you’ll want an attorney who has a lot of trial experience, one who knows how to make a compelling case. That way you’ll have confidence in that lawyer should the insurance company not offer you a fair settlement.
- How much can I get? No reputable attorney will ever promise to get you a certain amount of money. But they should have a very good idea of how much your case is worth. They’ll know how much money to demand for the losses you’ve incurred, such as medical expenses, wages lost from work, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and many others.
Choose an Experienced Burn Injury Attorney – McEwen Law Firm
The McEwen Law Firm has the experience it takes to help you obtain maximum compensation for your burn injury. We’ve delivered positive results for our clients for years, and we’re ready to work to do the same for you. Learn more by calling (800) 732-3070 or contacting us online for a free consultation.