page contents

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Cases

 

Bennett v. Propane Retailer (Minnesota)

Facts: Mr. Bennett suffered carbon monoxide poisoning after an animal was found in the propane system at his residence. The animal acted like a cork in the propane system, blocking the escape of harmful carbon monoxide fumes to the chimney.

Settlement: A confidential six-figure settlement was reached on behalf of Mr. Bennett.

Devore V. Retailer, et. al. (Iowa)

Facts: A 17 year old youth died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning while camping. A propane heater was defective, resulting in the release of excessive amounts of carbon monoxide. Defendants failed to warn users of its product the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in the camping setting.

Settlement: Settlements in excess of $400,000+ were obtained for the client of The Beattie Law Firm.